Saturday 26 February 2011

Difference between a good and a great player

So me and Andy (yes that bloke who used to write on the blog before he got World of Warcraft) attended Warhammer world for a game. After the game we were chatting about how you think you move up from a slightly above average player to a good player (and unfortunately we used the baron as our example of a good player)

Between us we decided that the baron was very good because
a) he has a freaky ability to judge distances
b) he knows the rules inside and out, I still struggle with the intricacies of combat, who should go where etc. however Gav described a multi charge close combat by Darren where he somehow managed to keep half of the enemy out of assault range.

Now that I have finished inflating Darren's ego I would like you to tell me what you think is the difference between a good and a great player?

1 comment:

  1. I'd say your assesment is a little off. What makes a player is someone who a) knows their army inside and out in all situations ie what fights his units can win and what they can't b) knows the rules and game mechanics inside and out and c) has a broad understanding of the enemy. Other than that my loaded dice and 50%+ Ork shooting rolls also help....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails