Tuesday 27 September 2011

Monday Musings

Yes, I know it's Tuesday

Scouting for Wolves





So, I spent Friday putting together a second squad of Wolf Scouts. I love Wolf Scouts but they are a bit random so my plan to mitigate this is to take two units! I just need to sort their heads out now...

Newcrons

Wow! Did you see all the pictures of the new Necron models at Games Day UK? No, neither did we. GW seem to be struggling at the moment to get the balance between leaking everything and leaking nothing. It didn't have to be the full model range but just an acknowledgement that Necrons are coming and a few concept pictures would have been nice.

Forging Ahead

Picture "borrowed" from Sons of Sanguinius

At least Forge World turned up to Games Day. I love this model and from the sounds of it, he's going to be pretty hardcore.

Where next?

Once the Scouts are done, my 1750 tournament list will be pretty much sorted. Which leave one question - where next? I put together this guy over the summer, intended to be part of a "Loganwing" Termiantor army:


but I'm a bit disenchanted at how hard it is to get hold of Cyclone Missile Launchers...

Which leaves this pile:






I love the idea of a Drop Pod army but I'm not sure how successful it would be. I bought the Land Raider after a tournament at the start of the year after I faced yet another multiple Raider list and decided that if I couldn't beat them I'd join them! There's no way that I'll have any of these forces painted before 6th edition drops (even if that isn't until 2014!!) but I'd like to start assembling one of them...

Monday Music

This is a feature on Twitter that I'm stealing for here. I'm really old school so I prefer CDs to downloads and I seem to have picked up loads of new stuff in the last couple of weeks. Hence, I might not get round to blogging much as I spend more time listening to music. In no particular order, I've got the following in the need to listen to pile; Kasabian - Velociraptor, Cornershop - Cornershop & The Double O Groove Of, Wild Beasts - Smother, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - Mirror Traffic, Dum Dum Girls - Only In Dreams. I've also just got this new album by a band from Seattle called Nevermind. It's a complete rip-off of the Pixies' quiet-loud-quiet sound but it's pretty good. Some of the tracks sound like they'd work pretty well on an acoustic guitar. If only there was some kind of Music Television channel that had a kind of "Unplugged" program...

How's your week been? Did you go to Games Day and find it as rubbish as everyone else? Where should I go to with the Wolves? What are you listening to these days? Have you heard of this band Nirvana?

8 comments:

  1. With that many drop pods can you not convert the missile launchers that come with those into cyclone launchers for your Terminators?

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE: Bran Redmaw, having access to a full sized GH unit that OBEL's will/could be very useful as it frees up an elite slot that may normally be occupied by that second unit of scouts or even just the one, meaning you could squeeze in Guard, Scouts and ...Lone Wolf/Techmarine/Dread/more Guard and still have a second OBEL unit to really shake up deployment, that and just send off Bran to outflank for lol's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the FW open day earlier in the year in the *early* copy of the book Bran Redmaw had let ALL Grey Hunter units OBEL.

    Shame they've nerfed it by the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that band Nirvana, but I can't see 'em getting popular. Too shouty. They'll never replace good ol' time glam rock like Poison and Def Leppard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Def Leppard! Even an indie kid like me can appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think having up to 9 units go BEL might have been a touch overpowered...

    ReplyDelete
  7. But then I can't have Deathwind Drop Pods! Everyone loves Deathwind Drop Pods...

    Seriously though, that's a good idea; I'll have to see what I can do...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, it opens up some really interesting and flexible tactical options. I just wish they'd hurry up and release IA11...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails