Monday 30 January 2012

Other, Other Dave

In keeping with fine Claws and Fists Tradition when one Dave goes AWOL another Dave gets brought in for Darren to abuse.  I am that Dave or Smokey if you prefer.  This rather silly name is due to when a colleague at work put my surname into her predictive text it came out as Smokey.  Its stuck ever since and I really don’t mind it!
 
Anyway daft names aside (*cough* The Baron *cough*) I’ve been looking to join a blog for quite a while and I’ve known of the Claws and Fists boys for some time through the, now mostly defunct, 1st Company Veterans club at Warhammer World. 
 
I’m a longtime lurker on forums and blogs but I really like the hobby and fluffside of 40k and hopefully this will allow me to express my opinions and ideas (feel free to steal them!!).  The gaming side does come a close third so hopefully you’ll see a mixture of all 3 articles from me.
 
I will try to do some painting tutorials at some point because that’s for the most part why I’m here.  However the first article I will be posting is on a Horus Heresy novel I read over the weekend about 2 relatively minor legions The Ultramarines and The Word Bearers….
 
Know No Fear
 
Smokey D (Other, Other Dave)
 

3 comments:

  1. This feels like the end of Scott Pilgrim where "Young Neil" becomes "Neil" - You have done well Other, Other Dave from now on, you shall be known as Dave...

    In the meantime, I think we should start calling Darren, "Bandit"

    Anyway, welcome to the blog, it's good to have you aboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best get your review up quick Dave because I have about 100 pages left of know no fear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Guys the warm welcome is appreciated. Mick the review is written didn't actually do any work today. Mind if I post it up after I'm done at the cinema?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails