Tuesday 16 July 2013

A Reprise for Hive Fleet: Nemesis


A Return to Hive Fleet Nemesis

On Thursday I will be playing a regular (non-campaign) game of 40k so I have decided to rest the Squat Guard and give a first 6th-edition run-out to my Tyranids. I stuck with Nids throughout most of the last year or so of 5th edition, back when they were considered an also-ran codex. I'm therefore looking forward to trialling the same army in 6th edition!
 
The list I will be using is the exact-same list I ran in 5th edition - largely because that's all the models I have! Here is my 1750pt list:
 
Hive Tyrant: twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms; bonded exoskeleton; wings. 245

2 Zoanthropes 160
Mycetic Spore
 
2 Zoanthropes 120
 
The Doom of Malan'tai 130
Mycetic Spore

10 Termagants 50
 
The Scuttling Swarm Tervigon: Catalyst; Onslaught; cluster spines; toxin sacs. 200
 
10 Termagants 50
 
The Scuttling Swarm Tervigon: Catalyst; Onslaught; scything talons; cluster spines; toxin sacs. 205

Trygon 200
 
Trygon 200
 
1 Carnifex: twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms; twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms. 190

1,750 points
 
The army has six monstrous creatures, eight psykers and the ability to spawn multiple troops units - three things that define 6th edition. I'm looking forward to giving the army a dust-off (literally) and a run-out against a new Tau army. Watch this space for a battle-report over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails