|Mods vs Rockers - |
the ORIGINAL Summer Skirmish!
Tim King of the Scottish ETC team has just announced that the Summer Skirmish is officially back this year, and will be held on the weekend of 28-29 July 2012. As usual, the tournament will be held at the excellent Maelstrom Games venue in Mansfield. Tickets and more info can be found here.
For those not in the know, the Summer Skirmish is a 12 (or 13) game 'fun' tournament held over two days. Each 40-minute game is a slightly modified Combat Patrol featuring 500pt armies, which are selected from the usual codexes but with some restrictions to try and balance things up (though that didn't stop my Nids getting tabled in 8 minutes by the then-brand-new Grey Knights. Ahem). Specifically, the restrictions are:
- Only one Troop choice is compulsory. Troops 2-6 are optional.
- You may have one HQ choice, but no more than one.
- You may select one choice each from Elite, Fast attack and Heavy Support but no more.
- Vehicle Squadrons are permitted this year.
- No unit may exceed 21 models at any point (in selection or during the game (inc. attaching characters)).
- No model can have more than 2 Wounds.
- Tyranids and Necrons may select models with 3 wounds or less.
- No special characters.
- No 2+ saves.
- No vehicles with a total Armour value greater than 34.
The other thing that will make this event special is that this tournament should be played using... fanfare please... Warhammer 40,000 Sixth Edition! Now I can't think of a better way to learn a new ruleset than to play fast 'n' furious games with your mates in a fun-but-competitive environment.
That's it for now, hopefully see you there. Let us know here at Claws & Fists if you're thinking of going, and what lists you might be taking!