Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Hall of Miniatures at Warhammer World

Just a quick post today. Last weekend I went over to Warhammer World to pick up some stuff, which I'll be blogging about in the near future, and I thought I'd take a minute to head upstairs and see what was on display in the Hall of Miniatures.

I was quite surprised to see that the Dark Angels exhibition was still on despite the recent Codex Daemons release but I was very pleased to see loads of my old favorites still on display up there. Here are a few pictures.


Dark Angels Thunderhawk - Bigger than you expect!

Inner detail of a Reaver Titan.Not something I ever expect to see in person!

The Classic McVey Horus vs The Emperor Diorama

Another McVey Classic, this time Space Hulk.

2 comments:

  1. Those old dioramas are, for me, part of the mythology of Warhammer 40,000 that got me into the hobby in the first place - especially the Emperor vs Horus one. I remember back in the late eighties when I was just approaching teen-age that the sheer scale of the 40k universe and it's immense background story was what got me hooked. Back then the Horus Heresy was mysterious ( a bit like the Clone Wars in Star Wars) and lent a real edge to 40k that it's contemporaries lacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the space hulk one always have always will the sheer terror and excitement from the atmosphere it creates just blows me away. Plus its still an awesome game with great fluff especially if you can get hold of the old Death wing novels

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails