Sunday 30 January 2011

The Squat Leaf-Blowers

I'm really keen to get my Squats on the table and into some action, so I've finalised a 1,750pt list that should see them in play relatively soon (my modelling and painting progress makes glaciers seem racey by comparison).

The list is based loosely on the now-infamous 2,500pt Leaf-Blower list that first appeared on BoLS way back when (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/09/40k-ard-boys-armylist-leafblower.html). I've tweaked it a bit, and dropped it down by 750pts in order to give me a list I can play at our regular Thursday night club. The list is as follows:

HQ - Warlord (power fist) with 4 Entourage (3 plasma guns), Master of Ordnance & Officer of the Fleet plus Termite Transport Chimera (counts as Company Command Squad with Chimera)

HQ - Ancestor Lord (counts as Primeris Psyker)

EL - 3 x Snipers

TR - 10 x Long-Beards (3 x special weapons) with Termite Transport (counts as Veterans squad with Chimera)

TR - 10 x Long-Beards (3 x special weapons) with Termite Transport

TR - 10 x Long-Beards (3 x special weapons) to ride aboard Sky-Lord Airship

TR - 10 x Long-Beards (3 x special weapons) to ride aboard Air-Lord Airship

HVY - 2 x Land Trains (counts as 2 x Medusas with enclosed crew compartments and Bastion-Breacher shells)

HVY - 1 x Goliath Mega-Cannon (counts as Manticore)

HVY - 2 x Flak Tanks (counts as 2 x Hydras)

FA - 1 x Sky-Lord Airship (counts as Vendetta)

FA - 1 x Air-Lord Airship (counts as Valkyrie)

I have the infantry just about painted (just a few special weapons still to go), however I am yet to start the bulk of the vehicles. I have bought a number of cracking resin models from Ramshackle Games (http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6&sort=20a&page=2) which I need to build and convert into Land Trains, Flak Tanks et al. I hope to make a start on them this week - I'll keep you posted on my progress!

1 comment:

  1. Watch out for irregular updates on my progress with building this army.... coming soon!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails