Thursday 27 May 2010

In the future there is only ... list building.

Well, I make no secret of the fact that I'm a bit of a list builder, but I'm not a list builder in the mould of the redundancy spam hard-core tournament efficient list. I like to build lists with combos in them, the practicality of getting the combos to actually work on the table is something which doesn't feature too strongly on my mind. This combined with my somewhat lackadaisical play-style results in a some-what a hit and miss (mostly miss) pattern of results on the table-top.

Bearing that in mind I present you the list I'm bringing to Open War this weekend and thus, the list Gav will be wiping off the table in short order later on today!

HQ
Pedro Kantor
Darnath Lysander

Elite
Dreadnought
2x Twin Linked Auto Cannons; Drop Pod

Sternguard
(10) 4x Combi Melta, Power Fist; Drop Pod

Sternguard
(5) 2x Lascannon; Rhino

Troop
Tactical Squad
(10) Plasmagun, Plasma Cannon; Power Fist; Rhino

Tactical Squad
(5) Melta bombs, Razorback w. Twin Linked Lascannon

Fast Attack
Land Speeder Typhoon
Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Land Speeder Typhoon
Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Heavy Support
Thunderfire Cannon

This is predominantly a gunline list with the threat of a squad of 10 Sternguard and Lysander in a Drop Pod to be inserted where needed.

2 comments:

  1. In the grim darkness of the future there is only... Identikit Disney pop singers. The only way I can control my hatred of Lysander is imagining him listening to the 41st millenium version of Miley Cyrus on his iPod.

    I like the look of those Sternguard combat squadding out of the Drop Pod though. Four melta shots to take out a Land Raider and then 5 rapid firing Bolters overseen by Lysander at what's inside or splitting them 2 and 2 to take out two differnt vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good old Lysander when he's not tripping over daisys he's running off the table like a frightened kitten. I think it says a lot about my game where I don't think i've ever realy gotten any value out of Lysander!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails