Wednesday 26 May 2010

Space Wolves List 1750

I'm playing Andy tomorrow in what will be his last game before Open War on Saturday. He's running a Lysander/Pedro list at 1750 so let's see what we can put together. Now, as always, I don't want to list tailor something just to win tomorrow but I want to put together a list that I would feel happy taking to the tournament myself.


So, let's start with the base that I like for all of my lists:


Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane


Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf


5 Grey Hunters, Plasma Gun, Rhino


5 Grey Hunters, Plasma Gun, Rhino


5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Assault Cannons


5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback


5 Grey Hunters, Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannon


6 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers, Lascannon


6 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers, Lascannon


That's 1195. Damn, that's a pretty good list for 1195. Why aren't there any 1195 tournaments? So, I've got some long range fire power, some medium range fire power and a couple of Meltaguns. For a tournament, I'm going to need a way to deal with AV14 though; firing Rocket Launchers at it and hoping to stun-lock it doesn't really count as a tactic. Let's take


Land Speeder, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer


Land Speeder, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer


I've been using these a bit lately and they seem to do quite well. They're not quite in the standard, take all the time part of the list as I'm still playing around with tactics for them. I'm going to take them as individual Speeders as I've been using them as a squadron and I'd like to try something a bit different. Next up, I need something to deal with those stand and shoot armies like the Tau or Imperial Guard so I'm turning to my favourite unit in the Space Wolf codex:


6 Wolf Scouts, Meltagun


Nice and cheap but able to take out that pesky enemy tank or heavy weapons team. The Internet doesn't seem to be a bit fan and I've had games where they have turned up too late to be of use or just not done carried out my plans but when they work, they're awesome and they give your opponent something to think about during deployment.


Hmm, 315 points left to spend. If I was a serious tournament player it would be an Inquisitor with Mystics to deal with any Deep Striking threats. However, I'm not serious and I don't have the Daemonhunters book so that plan is out of the window. I'm happy that I have enough shooting to deal with anyone foolish enough to Deep Strike into my lines but I still feel that I need a unit to counter-charge anyone who does. Now, I could do this with my Grey Hunters but if it's a Drop Pod assault then it's arriving on turn 1 and I don't really want them getting out of their cars that early as they're supposed to be driving off claiming objectives. Let's try:

Dreadnought, Assault Cannon

Good shooting at close range and good enough in combat to keep my Long Fangs safe for a couple of turns. 210 points could get me another Heavy Bolter Razorback and a Land Speeder Typhoon. However, I don't have those models so let's keep the list in the realms of reality. How about we go with something killy and something a bit fun:

Predator, Lascannon Sponsons

Lone Wolf, Terminator Armour, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer

Hmm, it's very, very similar to this list and because of that I'm tempted to drop the Lone Wolf for 10 Fenrisian Wolves but for now he stays in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails