Wednesday 30 June 2010

Bjorn's Boys

So, I'm playing Andy's Orks tomorrow and I felt like using something a bit different from the norm. I thought about running a Logan list but I couldn't come up with one that I was either happy with or that I had the models for. Plus I think it would have been rather unfair to run that kind of lists against Orks. So, I have come up with something a bit different; Bjorn the Fell Handed backed up with three other Dreadnoughts. I make no claims whatsoever that this is an optimal list but it hopefully should be pretty fun to play and to play against.

Bjorn the Fell Handed

Dreadnought, Assault Cannon

Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Autocannon, Twin-Linked Autocannon

Dreadnought, Multimelta, Drop Pod

The irresistible force and the immovable object. A nice mix of shooting and combat plus a anti-Battlewagon Dread in a Drop Pod.

10 Grey Hunters, 2 Meltaguns, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino

When I first got back into the game in October, I always ran my Grey Hunters as 10 man units. Then I learned the ways of MSU and never looked back. However, Michael had some succss with his 10 man squads and with the Wolf Standard I'm not worried about getting these boys stuck into combat.

5 Grey Hunters, Flamer, Razorback

5 Grey Hunters, Flamer, Razorback, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

5 Grey Hunter, Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannon

But the MSU boys are still there :o)

Land Speeder, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer

Land Speeder, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer

Those Orks don't half hate those Heavy Flamers.

Vindicator, Siege Shield

Predator, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Stormbolter

I've been having no luck with my Long Fangs for last couple of weeks (not their fault) so I thought I'd give them a week off. Big pie plate + lots of dakka hopefully = lots of dead Orks. I was slightly tempted to take my Whirlwind since I've still not used it but decided against it in the end.

3 Swift Claws, Power Weapon, Heavy Bolter Attack Bike

These guys always under perform but I couldn't think of anything better to spend 120 points on. The plan is to hide them behind a wall of Rhino Chassis and then charge round one side to try and delay the inevitable Ork assault.

It's a good list but not a great list and I'm not 100% confident of its success. It does at least have a bit of a theme and with some luck it should do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails