Monday 14 June 2010

Spearhead? No, it's just my ears

I've been away with work for a few days so it's time to get back to blogging. Before I went away, I picked up a copy of the latest White Dwarf with the Spearhead rules in it. Printing new rules in White Dwarf is always good but I'm not really sure what GW is trying to achieve with Spearhead. It's clearly the missing link between "normal" 40K and Apocalypse. The thing is, especially with the release of Battle Missions I think most people are happy with "normal" 40K. With the advent of 5th edition a lot of people (me included) have meched up anyway. Plus to get the most out of Spearhead, you're going to be playing at higher points levels (I'd say 2000+) which we don't seem to quite have time for at our club. I think that, like Apocalypse, it might get brought out occasionally but personally, I can't see it being a regular occurrence.

Having said that there are two very good things to come out of Spearhead:

a) The new Fire Prism model. It's pretty and it doesn't lean to one side anymore

b) The mission with the 3 point objective vs the 3 1 point objectives. I'd like to try that using one of the 3 regular deployments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails