Thursday 24 June 2010

Double Trouble

Doubles tonight, myself and Michael, a fellow Space Wolves player verses Andy's Blood Angels and Graham's Squats, 1000 points each. Since I've never met Michael and I'm not sure what type of list he'll bring, I'm going to put together a balanced army and see how we get on. In fact, I've decided that the best bet would be if I cut down my regular 1750 list:

Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

Living Lightning should hopefully be able to stun-lock any Airships that Graham brings and the Runic Weapon should make it more difficult for Andy to get off any psychic powers from his Librarian (Surely he'll take one in a 1000 point list?)

5 Grey Hunters, Plasma Gun, Rhino

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Assault Cannons

5 Grey Hunters, Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannons

The MSU heart and soul of all of my armies. Long range firepower and objective sitting, what more could a table-top general ask for?

Land Speeder, Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer

Land Speeder, Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer

Tankbusting, infantry burning, charge blocking, fast and can fly.

6 Longs Fangs, 5 Rocket Launchers

So, normally I take two squads with a Lascannon in each but due to points I've gone with just the one and the duality of the Rocket Launcher. Hopefully I can find then a decent vantage point this week unlike last week.

6 Wolf Scouts, Meltagun

Lone Wolf, Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

The fun, fluffy bit of the list. The Scouts go behind enemy lines and take out any heavy weapons teams and the Lone Wolf stands around in midfield and smashes anyone stupid enough to get close to him.

Not a bad little list for a 1000 points. I'm really looking forward to this evening as it's been ages since we played any doubles...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails