Wednesday 7 July 2010

Fear of the New

Tomorrow, I'm playing against a guy that I have never played against and I'm in a bit of a conundrum as to what kind of army to put together. We're playing at 1500 points and he plays Space Marines. I don't want to put together too strong a list in case he's either new or more of a fluffy gamer. Similarly I don't want too weak a list in case he turns up with a Vulkan or a tricked out Biker list. Okay, let's stick with the basis of most of my lists and then add some different elements into it:

Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane


5 Grey Hunters, Plasma Gun, Rhino


5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback


5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin Linked Assault Cannons


5 Grey Hunters, Razorback, Twin Linked Lascannons


Lone Wolf, Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

2 Land Speeders, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer


6 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers, Lascannon, Rhino


So, this is the basis of most of my lists. After a complete fail on my part two weeks ago with the Long Fangs, I've brought them back in and given them some transport. This means I can deploy them out of the transport in a good position or keep them in the Rhino in case of Dawn of War so they can speed forward to grab a decent spot.

Now onto some different stuff:

Dreadnought, Multimelta, Drop Pod

Suicide Dread, he's here to target some AV14 and then probably get killed. If he stays alive he'll cause some havoc though. He didn't do very well last week but I'll try and drop him better this week.

Predator, Lascannon Sponsons

Some more mobile firepower.

10 Fenrisian Wolves

I talked about these guys a few weeks ago and then only used them once. Well, it's time to bring them back in. If there are any nasty Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield Terminators these guys can hopefully pin them down for a turn before dying and leaving the Termies out in the open to get shot to death.

Land Speeder Typhoon

Andy has very kindly agreed to lend me one of these little beauties. More S8 at range means more dead transports and that's always a good thing.

Well, it's a strong list but not an optimal one. Hopefully, it will win but also make a good game of it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails