Thursday 15 July 2010

Into the eye of the storm

No game this week as I'm off to the Latitude festival. However, Andy has sent me a link to this so I thought I'd see if I can come up with an army list before I go...


HQ


Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Saga of the Beastslayer, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane


So, just the one Priest in this list. I think it's definitely the right for 1500 points and I'm starting to think it may even be right for 1750 but we'll see. With regards to his Saga, it seemed like the best thing I could get with 10 points especially since it will help put wounds on those pesky Monstrous Creatures when using Living Lightning.


Elites


Lone Wolf, Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield


You don't really want to kill him but you can't ignore him and he's only 85 points - bargain.

Dreadnought, Assault Cannon

This guy is coverage for my Long Fangs in case anyone gets any ideas about Drop Podding near them. If that doesn't happen he can merrily march into midfield providing some close support.

Troops


5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Lascannon/Twin Linked Plasma Guns


5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Lascannon/Twin Linked Plasma Guns


5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Lascannon/Twin Linked Plasma Guns


5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Lascannon/Twin Linked Plasma Guns

5 Grey Hunters, Plasma Gun, Rhino


Objective holders and all round killy guys. You know them by now.


Fast Attack


2 Land Speeders, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer


Anti AV14 just for the guy who brings twin Land Raiders. Actually Andy played against a guy at Maelstrom who did bring twin Raiders at 1500 points but he was a Grey Knights player so we let him off.


Heavy Support


6 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers, Lascannon

More long range shooting.

6 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers, Lascannon

And some more.


So, there we go. Is it spammy? I guess that it is. Is it boring? Well, again I guess you could argue that it is. However, it's a damn-near optimised list and would kick some serious arse at a tournament. So, all we need to do now is complete our team. Hmm, where can we get a big black guy who's scared of flying and a crazy pilot? I love it when a plan comes together...

2 comments:

  1. Well, the tourney is going to be along the lines of the ETC so I would think the competition will be fierce. As such the above list looks strong to me but can you get it painted in time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, 3 colours? Grey plastic is a colour isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails