Wednesday 29 December 2010

Apocalypse When?

Last Tuesday, Andy, Graham, Mick and myself played a 2v2 3000 points per person game. Now, if you follow any of the links on the right, you may think that this sounds a little bit familiar. Of course when we ended up playing on exactly the same table as the FtF guys, it looks like out and out plagiarism. With the teams having been decided as Wolves vs Chaos/whatever Andy chooses to bring, Mick and I had spoken about who wanted to bring which special character. We decided that Mick would bring Bjorn and I would bring Njal. Now, my first thought was that I wanted to take him in Runic Terminator Armour. This got me thinking about an army that I'd seen at Freebootaz which had consisted of Logan, Njal, Arjac and 5 Drop Pods filled with Wolf Guard. Well, that was at 1750 points so with another 1250 points, I could come up with something that was reasonably nasty but mainly something that was small, elite and filled with epic heroes:

Logan Grimnar

Njal Stormcaller, Runic Terminator Armour

Rune Priest, Terminator Armour, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf

Venerable Dreadnought, Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod

Lone Wolf, Terminator Armour, Chain Fist, Storm Shield

5 Wolf Scouts, Mark of the Wulfen, Meltagun

Arjac Rockfist, 4 Wolf Guard, Termiantor Armour, 4 Combi-Meltas, Chainfist, Drop Pod

10 Wolf Guard, Terminator Armour, 2 Cyclone Missile Launchers

5 Wolf Guard, Terminator Armour, Heavy Flamer

5 Wolf Guard, Terminator Armour, Assault Cannon, 4 Combi-Meltas, Chainfist, Drop Pod

Land Speeder, Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer

Land Speeder, Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer

6 Long Fangs, 5 Multi-Meltas, Drop Pod

Predator, Lascannon Sponsons

Land Raider Crusader, Multi-Melta, Extra Armour

The Heavy Flamer squad joined Njal in the Land Raider while the Assault Cannon guy spilt off to join the Long Fangs who were in a pod with Logan. So, the idea was for all of the suicide Melta to drop in and slow the enemy down enough for Mick to get his Thunderwolves into position. Tune in tomorrow to find out how this tactic got on...

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I'd had more drop pods and some thunderwolves for our game. Obviously I'm going to have to accuse you of content theft! I challenge you to a duel! Well a game of 40k at least!

    If I see you do a series on the special characters then I'll be worried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, a series on Special Characters, now that gives me an idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails