Monday 13 December 2010

Happy with Angels ... for now.

Eureka!! I've done it, I've come up with a Blood Angels list that I'm happy with. I'm under no illusions that it's the final article but I am sure it's solid enough to for the basis of a competitive army that I'm actually going to enjoy playing. So without further ado here it is:

HQ
Librarian
Terminator Armour, Storm Shield. Shield of Sanguinius & Unleash Rage
Honour Guard
Jump Packs, 2x Meltagun, 1x Power Sword

ELITE
Terminator Assault Squad
(5) 3x Lightning Claw, 2x Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield; Land Raider Redeemer w. Multi Melta
Sanguinary Priest
(1)

TROOP
Assault Squad
Meltagun, Sgt w. Lightning Claw; Razorback w. Lascannon & TL Plasmagun
Assault Squad
Meltagun, Sgt w. Lightning Claw; Razorback w. Lascannon & TL Plasmagun
Assault Squad
Razorback w. TL Lascannon

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dreadnought
2x TL Autocannons
Dreadnought
2x TL Autocannons
Devastator Squad
4x Missile Launchers

1750pts

It's designed to operate in two sections, back-field fire support and in your face assault squads. I think you can see how it splits up just by looking at the list but the plan would be to form two fire bases, one with the TL Lascannon Razorback Assault Squad and the Devastators and the other with the Rifleman Dreads. I reckon I'll keep the Priest back in the Razorback to give the Devastators Feel No Pain and to make them much more of a tough target Wolf Scouts and the like.

Up front will be the Termies chauffeuring the Librarian. A little note on the Libby first, I've kitted him out a bit because I want him to be an assault element and if I don't give him the gear he's going to get munched in the first round of combat. Either side of the Land Raider will be a plasma-back to benefit from the Shield and hiding behind the phalanx will the Honour Guard projecting the Feel No Pain/Furious Charge bubble and ready to bounce out and join the fray.

This weekend I have mostly bee painting Plasma-Backs and Missile Launchers but I've still got a Rifleman Dread to make and 3 LC Termies to model up and paint so a little way to go to get WYSIWYG but nothing too serious.

So what do you think, am I on the right lines here. Does the Honour Guard squad stand out as being a bit out of place? How could I do it differently?

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I don't know about it. typically, I hate single-rock lists, but this is certainly a better one than most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently this fits quite well with a stle 'm familiat with but I am considering dropping the Honour Guard Squad which frees up enough points to convert the two plasma-back squads into 10-man jump pack assault squads with meltas and Power Fists, and have an additional priest with a Jump Pack.

    To me that sounds more tasty, I just don't have the models right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the single LR working for you? Does it survive enough with SoS? It's funny, every game I play against BA it seems that on the most crucial moment when I really need to take out that LR the opponent always manages to pass his +5 Cover saves.

    The dreads and Devs seem like an excellent option for supporting firepower. Combined with all the lasplasbacks they would stress out even the most mech IG player.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I have to say that as a marine player (used to 3+ saves) SoS is a lot better than I gave it credit for and when coupled with a Land Raider it makes for a very tough target in my experience. However I do consider the Land Raider expendible. If I had the model and the spare FOC slot I'd take a Storm Raven in a Heartbeat just because it's 50pts cheaper and potentially twice as fast.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails