Wednesday 25 August 2010

Open War - Test List 1

Wow, what an exciting title! I wonder what this post could possibly be about? Tomorrow, I'll be playtesting my first iteration of my Open War list. Andy is bringing his Orks and I have to admit it is slightly tempting to tailor my list but that would rather defeat the object. From my base, I've decided to add the Wolf Scouts so the final 1750 list looks like this:

HQ

Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

Elites

6 Wolf Scouts, Meltagun

Lone Wolf, Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

Troops

5 Grey Hunters, Plasma Gun, Rhino, Hunter Killer Missile

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Lascannon/Twin-Linked Plasma Guns

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Lascannon/Twin-Linked Plasma Guns

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannons

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin Linked Assault Cannons

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Assault Cannons

Fast Attack

2 Land Speeders, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support

6 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers, Lascannon

6 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers, Lascannon

Predator, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Not convinced by the Predator at the minute as it seems to stand out like a sore thumb. This list is only 1745 so I could drop it and replace it with a Land Speeder Typhoon. However, it is in the list to help deal with armies such as Orks where lots of dakka is needed so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it does well tomorrow. The key will be how it does against a Space Marine army (as I'm sure they're bound to be in the majority at the tournament)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails