Monday 6 September 2010

Small can be beautiful

When I used to play Space Crusade, I always used to be the Imperial Fists and for the first couple of games of Warhammer 40,000 I played, I used an Ultramarine army (hey, I liked the old Captain with the Plasma Pistol, Power Sword and Roman hat) Okay, with that confession out of the way, I'd like to point out that the only army that I've ever played since is the Space Wolves. However, I got to thinking about the club's proposed 750 point 40K league. There are some pretty stringent rules - no 2+ saves, only one of each type of vehicle (so no Razorspam - I'm a sad panda) However, since bikes don't count as vehicles, I thought why not a vanilla Space Marine list:

Captain, Bike, Relic Blade

8 Bikers, 2 Melta Guns, Power Weapon, Multimelta Attack Bike

8 Bikers, 2 Flamers, Power Weapon, Heavy Bolter Attack Bike

Okay, it's a bit thin on the ground (23 T5 wounds) but there's a nice anti-tank squad and a nice anti-infantry squad. The games are going to be on 5x4 boards so I should be able to get into position quickly but there will also be lots of space to turbo-boost into. The bike squads can Combat Squad for Objective missions or stay together for Kill Point ones. The Captain can either join one of the squads or do his own thing (Captain's Prerogative) Obviously, I'm not going to use this list and it's purely a Theroryhammer exercise but with the restrictions in place I think that it would be harder to come up with such a well balanced list at 750 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails