Tuesday 2 November 2010

Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts

Despite what I said yesterday, here's another army list :op

Our club's introductory 40K challenge starts this week. It was originally going to be 750 points but has since raised to 1000 and a lot of the restrictions have been relaxed. I think that they picked 750 in an attempt to entice some of the "square basers" in but I think that they're all too busy with 8th Edition. Now, I was never really happy with any of the 750 point lists I came up with due to the one vehilce of each type rule that was in place. With that relaxed, I can now take 2 Razorbacks and 2 Rhinos. Happy days. However, I did come up with an Ork list I was quite happy with. Andy has very kindly agreed to lend me his Orks for this thursday so I'll be running a modified version of that list (plus Power Klaw on the 'boss, another Deffkopta and Buzzsaws on all 3 plus Andy's choice to make the points up)

However.

However, I started thinking, "what could I run in a Space Wolf army at 1000 points?" It's essentailly going to be a cut down version of what I took to Open War...

Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

6 Wolf Scouts, Meltagun

Lone Wolf, Terminator Armour, Storm Shield, Chainfist

6 Grey Hunters, Plasma Gun, Rhino

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

10 Grey Hunters, Power Weapon, 2 Meltaguns, Rhino

6 Long Fangs, 5 Rocket Launchers

It's a bit less stand-offish than my Open War list with everything apart from the Long Fangs rushing off to midfield to get stuck in.

This week I'm taking the Orks and if that doesn't work out, we could well see this Wolf list next week instead.

4 comments:

  1. Good to know I'm no the only person out there who can never come up with a final list.

    One year I bought and painted a Land Raider and when I rolled up to the tournament realised that despite weeks of feverish army listing I had managed to leave it out.

    Good luck, it seems to be a decent list from where I'm standing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I really like the look of this at 1000 points, it seems to have a good mix of firepower, mobility and assault elements.

    I'm a consummate list builder, I just can't stop myself. The only times that I've ever ran the same list two weeks in a row was just before the tournament I entered as I'd already sent it off as the final list and thought it prudent to actually get a bit of practice in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would drop the scouts. The point of scouts for me is to knock out AV 14 things which can't be seen in this tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use them more to threaten enemy units in the backfield (usually heavy weapon squads) or, with Counter Attack, they make a pretty good speedbump.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails