Friday 5 November 2010

That's Not My Name

The problem with two Gavs playing each other is that we both turn round whenever someone shouts, "Gav!" This then leads to, "no, the other Gav" and yet more confusion as we try and work out who is "other Gav" Then there's also the confusion that in Gav's case, Gav is short for Gavin whereas in my case it's short for Claws and Fists. Anyway, here is this list which Gav used against my Orks last night:

Rune Priest, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

5 Wolf Guard, 4 Comb-Meltas, Terminator Armour, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Drop Pod

8 Grey Hunters, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Plasma Gun, Rhino

8 Grey Hunters, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Fist, Meltagun, Rhino, Hunter Killer Missile

5 Long Fangs, 2 Heavy Bolters, 2 Plasma Cannons

5 Long Fangs, 2 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannons

The Cyclone Missile Launcher goes with the Missile Launcher Long Fangs while his Power Armoured brothers Drop Pod in turn on.

I really like this list, it's so well balanced and everything has a clearly defined role. Far be in from me to tinker with a list that tabled me in 3 turns, I think that there are a couple of changes that I'd make to this list. I'm not a huge fan of Plasma Cannons on Long Fangs so I'd probably swap them out for more missiles. In fact with the 20 points you save there you could take another Heavy Bolter Long Fang! I also don't like special close combat weapons on Grey Hunters, especially Power Fists since they only have one base attack. A Wolf Guard with a Power Fist is actually 2 points cheaper than a Grey Hunter with one and he has 2 base attacks. I'm not a huge fan of the Hunter Killer Missile either. I'd be very tempted to drop it in favour of a Chooser of the Slain for BS5 and infiltrator stopping goodness.

So, some really minor changes to a very good list. Damn, all this being nice won't make me an "Internet Celebrity"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails