Thursday 18 November 2010

Weapon of Choice

I've got two games left in the club's 1000 point challenge. As we've seen, I've used the Orks in the first three games and I've really enjoyed it. However, I'm starting to get an itch to break out the Space Wolves again. I really need to get some games in with them before the tournament at the end of the month and I'm really aware that this is a Space Wolf blog so I should really be using them a bit more. I did write a 1000 point list for the Space Wolves but I'm starting to lean towards an iteration of the list that Gav used against me a couple of weeks ago. So, here goes:

Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

Wolf Guard, Combi-Melta, Power Fist
Wolf Guard, Combi-Melta, Power Fist
Wolf Guard, Terminator Armour, Combi-Melta
Wolf Guard, Terminator Armour, Combi-Melta
Wolf Guard, Terminator Armour, Combi-Melta
Wolf Guard, Terminator Armour, Combi-Melta
Drop Pod

8 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino

9 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino

5 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers

5 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers

The Terminators go in the Drop Pod while the Power Armour guys go in the Rhinos. It's designed to play very similarly to Gav's list with the Drop Pod taking out any AV14 threats on Turn 1. With Terminator Armour the enemy then has to allocate quite a bit of firepower to get rid of them.

I'm really torn at the minute. I have enjoyed playing something different with the Orks but I am pretty excited by this list after seeing something similar at close range. Choices, choices...

1 comment:

  1. Shocked and outraged you've turned your back on the green skins....may your dice roll ones in tonights outing.

    I'll be there with the Boyz as per. However, I do know what you mean. I also have a Deathwatch force that uses Codex Space Puppies and I am slightly tempted to use them instead...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails