Friday 3 February 2012

UK GT List take 1 - Horde Blood Angels

With a little over 3 weeks to go before list submission deadline, I thought I'd spit-ball some lists to see what people think, any feedback is always appreciated! First of all here's a list inspired by some musings on the 11th Company Podcast which struck a particular chord with me given my recent experiences with my Orks. I'd only need to paint about 5 models to complete this and I think it could be successful against a fair number of lists that may be popular at the GT:

Codex Blood Angels - 1750

Librarian (Jump Pack; Unleash Rage, Fear of the Darkness)
Sternguard (x5, 2x Lascannons)
Sanguinary Priests (x3, 1x Jump Pack)
Assault Terminators (x5, 3x LC, 2x THSS)
Assault Marines (x10, 2x Meltaguns, Power Fist, Jump Packs)
Assault Marines (x10, 2x Meltaguns, Power Fist, Jump Packs)
Tactical Squad (x10, Meltagun, Multi Melta, Power Fist)
Tactical Squad (x10, Meltagun, Multi Melta, Power Fist)
Devastator Squad (x10, 4x Missile Launchers)

... and that's it.

On the plus-side it's 11 kill points with 4 of those KPs hidden in 10-man squads, it's 59 MEQ bodies with FNP, and the 5 Terminators. In Objective missions it's got up to 8 scoring units, 4 of which are very mobile and can deep-strike if required.

On the down-side it feels a bit light on ranged anti-tank, I wouldn't feel massively confident facing down 5+ Venoms and I'm not sure I could out-last Daemons or horde Orks in assault. Most importantly it's not like anything else I've ever played before so I'd need to get a bit of practice in with it before-hand.

That's it, any comments?

2 comments:

  1. the list looks solid enough.

    i think the librarian suffers from not having a invul save tho. imo i like librarians in termi armour with s/s and walk the table with 10 assault terminators or use 'wings' to keep up the jump troops?

    i saw from your post that your worried about ranged anti-tank fire but surely you'll be able to close quickly with your jump troops or failing that dropping down in the back field and cause some issues. blood talon dreads are very good at this in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need Shield on the libby - all about surviving with that list and sustain durability via a horde.

    That's why I took horde Guard to Cally and those people it beat it really beat due to cover.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails