Sunday 12 September 2010

BOGOF

Yes, it's Buy One Get One Free weekend. I posted this yesterday as a potential list for our club's 750 point tournament. The main problem is that I don't actually have any Thunderwolves. Hmm, quite a big problem! Graham is planning on running Tyranids and this got me thinking about what kind of list you could put together. Then I saw this online and I thought, "ooh, 2 Tervigons, it'll be hard to take that out at 750" However, the rules for the tournament state, no Monstrous Creatures as HQ and no duplicate Monstrous Creatures. Hmm, no double Tervigon then. Well, that leaves just one choice as HQ

Tyranid Prime

Let's leave him naked for now and we'll see if we have any points to upgrade him later. I want him to go with

2 Hive Guard

The Prime gives them Synapse, protects them from Krak Missile Instant Death and will make people think twice before charging them.

20 Termagants

Big squad, very cheap but mainly taken to get

Tervigon, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst

195 points! However, he can give birth to more troops and he gives all of those Termagants around him Furious Charge, Poisoned attacks and Feel No Pain.

Trygon

Yes, there's the 2nd MC I wanted to get into the list. There are going to be very few foot lists with 2 Heavy Support choices that can put down 2 MCs.

Hmm, only leaves 75 points. I could take some more Termagants but I'd rather have something that can support the Trygon's assault. Okay, let's halve the number of Termagants to 10, drop Adrenal Glands on the Tervigon (since I don't really want him or his Termagants to charge but I've left Toxin Sacs in case they are charged) Then for 126 points I can get

9 Genestealers

These guys can then Outflank or Infiltrate depending on the mission or the enemy. That actually gives me enough points to afford another Termagant so for 746 points I can get

Tyranid Prime

2 Hive Guard

11 Termagants

Tervigon, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst

9 Genestealers

Trygon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails