Tuesday 15 March 2011

A Rush and a Push and the Land is Ours

AKA Go Medium or Go Home

So, I've ditched the Go Big or Go Home Razorwolf concept (part 2 was going to have 8 Razorbacks and part 3 had 10!) Despite the fact I'm looking for a more exciting playstyle, it doesn't mean I'll be writing more exciting lists as you'll see now:

HQ

Rune Priest, Jaws of the World Wolf, Murderous Hurricane, Melta Bombs

Rune Priest, Jaws of the World Wolf, Stromcaller

No Living Lightning? Heretic! Well, I'm trying to force myself to move these units into midfield rather than just sit back and shoot.

Elites

Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Autocannon, Twin-Linked Autocannon

Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Autocannon, Twin-Lined Autocannon

4 Wolf Guard, 4 Combi-Meltas, 4 Power Fists

I would liked to have taken 2 Lone Wolfs and a Scout pack but those Rifleman Dreads are too good and I need the Wolf Guard for the Grey Hunters...

Troops

8 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino

8 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino

8 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino

8 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino

I'm not a huge fan of the Wolf Standard as I normally roll more 2s than 1s but I had 40 points to spare so I thought, "why not?"

Fast Attack

Land Speeder, Multi Melta, Heavy Flamer

Land Speeder, Multi Melta, Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support

Vindicator, Dozer Blade

Vindicator, Dozer Blade

The joker in the pack - no Long Fangs. I've been finding it harder and harder to deploy 2 full packs and with the amount of terrain at Maelstrom it's going to be even harder. Having tanks that can move and shoot also means that I can go with null deployment which is a nice trick to have up your sleeve. I'm also hoping that these guys are so scary that they'll take a lot of the heat off my Rhinos as they advance.

So, tactics - drive to midfield and kill stuff with a combination of S10 Large Blasts and 24" long lines of dooooooom. Yes, it's not particualrly nuanced, I admit. My first test game will be on Thursday night against Darren and his Ork horde (121 infantry models!) Let's see how we get on...

4 comments:

  1. Hey dude, are you going to the GT at the end of the month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be the only claws and fists member at the indy GT but John from Blood Claw will be there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I am! :p

    You sure about terrain at Malestorm?

    I had Walf at Can't Paint Won't Paint moan there wasn't enough and after watching some of the ranking HQ videos and a Roll With Battle report it does seem a little scarcer than Warhammer World.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is the opportunity for as much and there is defo more LOS blocking terrain

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails