Wednesday 3 August 2011

Mech BA - Seen it all before

Another major bout of insomnia has hit me and I can't think of anything better to do than type up another BA List I'm thinking of trying out. I really like the DoA build I played against Darren last week and I think I can comfortably take that up to 1750 and have it be competitive. THis, however is much more of a Mech-build and designed around all the high AV vehicles that the BA's have available to them, i.e. AV13+

Here goes, let me know what you think:

HQ
Librarian
Unleash Rage, Shield

- Default choice for me, shield really benfits a mech build where he can spread the love between a pack of vehicles. Unleash rage means I can stick him with the Terminators to make them even more threatening.

ELITE
Terminator Assault Squad
(5) 3x LC, 2x THSS; Land Raider Redeemer w. Multi-Melta and Extra Armour
Sanguinary Priest
(1)

These guys work together as the spearhead of my wedge offering a combination of firepower from the redeemer and awesome assult potential from the furious charging terminators. The cornerstone of many BA lists.

TROOP
Assault Squad
(5) Meltagun; Razorback w. Lascannon & TL Plasmagun
Assault Squad
(5) Meltagun; Razorback w. Lascannon & TL Plasmagun
Assault Squad
(5) Plasmagun; Razorback w. TL Lascannon
Scout Squad
(5) 4x Combat Blade, Missile Launcher, Camo Cloaks & Melta bomb

Mo shooty goodness, Razorbacks are fragile but with the target saturation in this list will they be priority number one? Maybe but there's a lot of other nasty stuff out there that need to be thought about too. The Scouts hang out in cover on an objective and hope to be so unthreatening that they are ignored for the duration.

FAST ATTACK
Baal Predator
Flamestorm Cannon
Baal Predator
Flamestorm Cannon

The mop-up crew, everything else opens the cans, these guys BBQ the soft centres. Probably going to put one on each flank supporting the Auto-Las Preds.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator
Autocannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsons
Predator
Autocannon Turret, Lascannon Sponsons

And lastly we have the Auto-Las Preds, they will be advancing down either flank looking for side armour shots and hoping to split the enemy force to allow me to pick off a flank at a time.

I am tempted to switch out the Land Raider for a Storm Raven but it's a trade-off loosing the AV14 centre-piece of the line-up for more firepower. Tough call I do like what the Raven brings to the table but I also like driving 5 AV13+ vehicles straight at you on turn 1 giving you no easy/soft targets, unless you want to focus on the Razorbacks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails