Saturday 26 February 2011

Storm Pelican

Sooo, it's been a while since my last post and, as has already been noted, that may largely be due to the re-emergence of the computer gaming black-tar heroine that is “World of Warcraft”. However I have not been completely neglecting the hobby and I have had two rather large boxes sitting on my painting desk for the last couple of weeks over which I'm now in a quandary.

The boxes in question contain Storm Ravens and the thing is that I am now wondering if I'll ever actually use them. I got all excited about the model (I actually think it looks pretty cool) and the shiny-newness of it all and actually pre-ordered two of them. After drafting up a couple of lists to see how they would work in a tournament-style list I am not as convinced that they would as I was before.

The up-shot of all this is that I'm strongly considering trading them back into GW for something else like some Assault Marines (which I think will work in BA list) and some more 'nid monstrous creatures (which may not work but will be fun).

Anyway, I'd like some opinions from “the cloud”, is the Storm Raven worth it? Should I trade them back? All opinions welcome!

2 comments:

  1. I love the SR. It's probably the most flexible vehicle the BA have (carrying two units is big) and only the Land Raider has better all around armor...at a 50 point premium, with less guns, and weaker to Melta. I've played 4 games with only 1 and it's lived til turn 6 in 3 of the 4 games. The other game it died in the 5th.

    I'd try them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like the models but 2 will be going straight into my grey knights

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails