Friday 14 May 2010

Open War 13

Right, list submission time is nearly upon me again and I have one last play-test on Saturday against those damn Wolves. I'm not expecting great things but here's the list and my musings:

HQ
Pedro Kantor
Librarian w. Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Vortex of Doom and Gate of Infinity

Pedro is in the list to make Sternguard units scoring and to support my home base defending units with his Aura and he'll be in a Rhino so he can at least use his Orbital Bombardment.

I was considering Lysander as a second HQ but I thought this was probably overkill (I may revert to him depending on the outcome on Saturday) but the Librarian ticks a number of Boxes in terms of Psychic defense and quick re-deployment of the Drop Pod transported unit he is comming in with.

Elite
Sternguard A
(7) 2x Lascannon; Rhino
Sternguard B
(10) 4x Combi-Melta, Power Fist; Drop Pod
Dreadnought
2x TL Autocannon; Drop Pod

Sternguard A will be sat at the back with Pedro providing long range fire support and a pretty strong deterrent to any assault force with their special ammo and 3 attacks base thanks to Pedro's Aura

Sternguard B will be dropping with the Librarian as an anti-AV14 unit or a late game objective assault unit (the Dreadnought's Pod will allow me to keep this unit in reserve for late game deployment)

The Dreadnought is your basic anti-infantry/light armour unit that can play a back-line or midfield support role.

Troops
Tactical Squad A
(10) Plasmagun, Plasma Cannon, Power Fist; Rhino
Tactical Squad B
(5) Razorback w. TL Lascannon

Tactical Squad A are the anti heavy armour unit, the Rhino allows them some mobility but deployment will be Key as I want to be able to get the most out of both Plasma Weapons. Tactical Squad B are the mobile "heavy sniper" unit, teaming up with the Lascannon Sternies will bring the best results but they can also redeploy early and not lose any effectiveness.

Fast Attack
2x Landspeeder Typhoons

These are two separate units for flexibility and act as mobile heavy support units able to take on heavy armour and massed troops.

Heavy Support
Thunderfire Cannon

I always find these useful, it can be a fire magnet as it's difficult to decide to ignore it and against most armies it can really weigh in with some damage if it's given even a turn to fire.

So that's the list, 1750pts. Wadda ya think?

1 comment:

  1. So, if you win, I won't have to see Lysander for a while? Can I borrow your Orks? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails