Friday 7 January 2011

Beautiful Freak

It's actually been a little while since I've posted an army list thread (at least it seems like a while) so it's time to get back into my old habit. With the new Storm Raven model on the horizon I started thinking about building a Blood Angels list involving a couple of these bad boys (yes I like the model - suck it!). I've given the Storm Raven some consideration in the past but there's something about the lack of an available model (or simple conversion at least) that just didn't inspire me to follow it through with much enthusiasm, but now with a lovely new kit on the horizon I feel a eureka moment coming on.

Anyway, enough preamble, here it is for your consideration:

Librarian - 100
Unleash Rage, Fear of the Darkness

Terminator Assault Squad - 210
(5) 3x Lightning Claws, 2x Thunder Hammers & Storm Shields
Sanguinary Priest - 50
(1)

Assault Squad - 155
(5) Razorback w TL Lascannon
Assault Squad - 155
(5) Razorback w TL Lascannon

Baal Predator - 120
Flamestorm Cannon, Dozer Blade
Baal Predator - 120
Flamestorm Cannon, Dozer Blade
Vanguard Veteran Squad - 245
(5) Storm Shield, Power Weapon, Sgt w. Thunder Hammer

Storm Raven - 215
TL Multi Melta, TL Assault Cannon, Extra Armour
Storm Raven - 230
TL Multi Melta, TL Assault Cannon, Extra Armour, Locator Beacon
Vindicator - 150
Dozer Blade

Total: 1750

The big trick in this army is in using the ability to for the Vanguard to deep strike out of a turbo boosting Storm Raven and using the Locator Beacon on it to ensure that they do not scatter. This should allow you to position them so that they can then use their Heroic Intervention rule to assault as soon as they are deployed. I only just came up with this but that's got to be pretty useful I think.

As far as the rest of the army goes I think the target saturation is decent, there's enough nasty stuff there give an opponent some tough targeting decisions. Only two troops is a little fragile but if your opponent is going after them on turn 1 then your really nasty stuff gets a free turn of movement which is all it needs to cause some trouble.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one so quickly matey but if you turn to pg27 of your Codex Blood Angels, under heroic intervention it states:..."arrives from Reserve by Deep Strike..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that'll teach me to list build without the codex in front of me!

    But looking at the Skys of Blood special rule it does use the term "as if they were Deep Striking", so I'd still argue there's a grey-area there ripe for exploiting ... but only because it suits me better!

    Edit - Scratch that, it's the reserve bit that scuppers my plan. Damn it!! Still Think it's a cool list though and with that in mind I can drop the Vanguard for another Ass Term Squad which are cheaper anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if you're scrapping the list, I won't bother to comment on it. But I do have to say that faun from Pan's Labyrinth was phenominal looking. I loved that movie for it's creatures.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails