Friday 21 January 2011

I Feel Dirty...



I'm not proud of this....well I am a little...but still! Anyway, having played around with my list a bit today I thought I had everything sorted and set to go. My earlier list can be seen here.... and after playing around with some of the wargear options I was about to hit print when a mini that has been on my paint station for around 3 years caught my eye...

It looked at me, looked right into my soul and called to me....paint me...and we shall win...paint me and greatness shall be yours. Now maybe I have fallen to the lure of the Dark Side, or I'm answering the call of Slaanesh (now I know how Horus felt)....or maybe I should lay off the Gin for a while! Whatever the answer I now have to paint one mini this evening...and that mini is a Mega Armoured Warboss so that I can use the following list:

Warboss with Klaw, Kombi-Skorcha, Attack Squig, Cybork Body and 'Evy Armour = 120
Warboss with Mega Armour, Cybork Body and Boss Pole = 115

10 Kommandos with 2 Burnas, Nob with Boss Pole and Klaw = 170

10 'Ard Boyz, Nob with Klaw and Pole =140
-Trukk =35
 5 Mega Nobz with 3 Kombi-Skorchas = 215
-Trukk =35
20 Shoota Boyz with 2 Big Shootas, Nob with Klaw and Pole = 170
20 Shoota Boyz with 2 Rokkitz, Nob with Klaw and Pole = 180
18 Slugga Boyz with Nob with Klaw and Pole = 148
10 Grots with Runt Herd = 40

Deff Kopta with Twin Rokkitz and Buzzsaw = 70

Battlewagon with RPJ, Riggas, Armour, 1 Big Shoota, Deff Rolla = 135
Looted Wagon with Boom Gun and 'Ard Case = 115
2 Lobbas with 3 Ammo Runts = 59

Total = 1747

Three points under but that doesn't matter. It does mean I have no real ranged fire power outside of the Looted Wagon as I've lost the Shock Attack Gun and the Lootas. But in 2 out of 6 games these would probably spend the first couple of turns getting into firing positions anyway. It does mean that I've removed a kill point, given the Deff Kopta his Alpha Strike capability back and shoe-horned in another Mega Nob and a second Warboss.

I thought about dropping the Mega Nobz Trukk, the Looted Wagon and a few other bits for a Killer Kan and a second Battle Wagon...however, I wouldn't want to look like a power gamer now would I?! So, not sure which list to take, I did what all good gamers do and D6'd it....1-3 my first list 4-6 my second list (above).

Gork smiled upon me and turned up a 6 so it looks like I'm spending the evening painting a Mega Armoured Warboss...

TheBaron out!

I rolled: 2 (1/1)...reminds me of my morale checks last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails