Wednesday 27 October 2010

Do You Remember The First Time?

Well, Andy has started his review of Open War and Michael has posted his so it's time for mine. First up, here is our Claws and Fists team photo:


(L-R Andy, Gav, Michael)

Andy sorted out the t-shirts and I think we all looked very snazzy.

First up, I'd like to say I had a brilliant time, I was a bit nervous playing my first tournament but all of the guys I played were fantastic. My attempt at live-blogging the event went rather by the wayside as I was too focused on the games during them and too focused on the bar inbetween. However, I did manage to finish with a W1 D1 L1 record on the day which left me in 35th place. Another couple of Kill Points here or there and I could have finished in the top 30. Ah well, it wasn't meant to be. To be honest I was a bit like Michael going into the tournament - anywhere but last! With that in mind 35th (out of 66) feels pretty good. I do feel I let my team down a bit though as they both managed "massacres" (25 Battle Points) and I didn't.

However, I did manage to be the only winner in the team courtesy of the raffle:



I have a slightly crazed look as I'm thinking about what else I need to make a Dark Elf army (hmm, War Hydra anyone?)

Over the next fews days I'll post a game by game account of my first ever tournament so everyone can see the mistakes I made and then I'll finish it off with a general review of my list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails