Thursday 28 October 2010

Double Decker

Tonight Andy and I are taking on Michael and David at doubles in preparation for the Freebootaz Open (if it were a comic the cover would read, "Wolf against wolf in the Claws and Fists civil war!") Now, we've already put together a nasty looking list but I'd rather run a more rounded force. I'm happy with the Blood Angel half so I just need to put together a shooty Wolf half so that we can de-mech things for Mephiston & co to kill.

Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Frost Blade, Melta Bombs, Wolf Tail Talisman

Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Autocannon, Twin-Linked Autocannon

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannons

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannons

Land Speeder Typhoon

Predator, Lascannon Sponsons

So lots of shooting and, more importantly, lots of mobile shooting. The WGBL gives some assault threat although he could be dropped for a Rune Priest with Stormcaller to protect the Razorbacks.

Then I started to get a bit jealous of Andy running Mephiston and so I came up with this:

Logan Grimnar

8 Wolf Guard, 4 Combi-Meltas, 2 Power Weapons, 3 Melta Bombs, Storm Bolter, Drop Pod

6 Wolf Guard, Terminator Armour, Power Fist, Cyclone Missile Launcher

Turn 1 we get 4 S9 Melta shots at a transport. So with my luck that's a pen (weapon destroyed - Storm Bolter) and a glance (can't shoot) against a Rhino.

I quite like this second list since it's unlike anything that I've ever run. However, the more I look at the missions (which are a mix of 4th and 5th edition Rulebook missions) and the more I think about playing on a 4x4 board, the more I like our original two Raider list. Plus, having played against 6 of the things at the weekend I feel like it's time for some karmic payback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails