Tuesday 26 October 2010

Freebootaz Open UK

I just want to give a little shout out to the Freebootaz Open being held at Maelstrom on Nov 27th and 28th. Keith Buck is doing a great job securing sponsors and prize support and the venue is fantastic. For those of you who haven't been before it's well worth the trip up to Mansfield, apart from the fantastic gaming facilities (tables and terrain easily on par with Warhammer World ... if not better), the shop is stocked with all things Privateer Press, Wyrd Minatures, Battlefront and more besides and the staff are friendly, non-pushy and very knowledgeable.

Back to the tournament itself, Saturday is a non-comped 1750pt 40k Singles Tournament played over 4 rounds with custom missions and Sunday is a 1500pt 40k Doubles Tournament (750pts per player) again played over 4 rounds but this time with a mix of 4th and 5th edition, objective based missions.

Anyway it looks like it's going to be a great event and if you want some more info click here.

Image created by Klausmasterflex.

3 comments:

  1. Don't think I am going to be able to make it seeing as we are away for the weekend I am however thinking about attending
    Caledonian Uprising 2011
    http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=74947

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the name I assumed it was in Scotland and I thought you really have got Tournament Fever! Mansfield is far more manageable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd seen that tourny but I don't think I can really get away with so many 2-day events so close together. Looks like a good one though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails