Tuesday 5 October 2010

Addicted to Krak

Andy asked in this thread how he could improve his list with a special character. While listening to Episode 36 of the 11th Company Podcast I started thinking about a Logan list with a lot of missiles. And I mean a lot of missiles:

Logan Grimnar

Here he is, the guy who unlocks the multi missile fun.

Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

LL is awesome plus we have some psychic defense.

10 Wolf Guard, 2 Power Weapons, 3 Combi-Plasma Guns, 2 Cyclone Missile Launchers

5 Wolf Guard, Power Weapon, Combi-Plasma, Cyclone Missile Launcher

5 Wolf Guard, Power Weapon, Combi-Plasma, Cyclone Missile Launcher

5 Wolf Guard, Power Weapon, Combi-Plasma, Cyclone Missile Launcher

5 Wolf Guard, Power Weapon, Combi-Plasma, Cyclone Missile Launcher

Land Speeder Typhoon

Land Speeder Typhoon

6 Long Fangs, 5 Missile Launchers

6 Long Fangs, 5 Missile Launchers

That's 26 missiles for those who might have lost count.

Land Raiders might be a bit of a problem but Logan can go with a Long Fang Pack and give them Tank Hunters - S9 Krak Missiles. The best thing about this list is the fact that it's mobile missiles. It's really going to do a number on Razorspam lists (and the new Dark Eldar for that matter)

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't you get more missiles if you dropped a few WG so you got more points for LF? Or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can but I haven't done that for two reasons. Firstly, on some of the boards we play on it's a struggle to find deployment areas with good LOS for two squads. I thought that three might be pushing it a bit far (even though I'm going to try and keep one squad with Logan to get Relentless) Secondly, I wanted as many Troops as I could get as I'm worried that they're a bit fragile on foot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see. Fortunately for us Guard players, terrain is very sparse in Greek tournaments but I bet it can be an issue to shooty armies if there are a lot of LoS blocking pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails